Diocese of Winona Employment
St. John the Baptist @ Mankato, MN posted on Wed, May 01
Apply until: 2019-06-01
Position Description – St. John the Baptist Church
Reports to: Pastor Priest/Pastoral Care Associate
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/hourly
Approved By: Fr. John Kunz
Date: April 26, 2019
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Mike Logeais/Parish Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to St. John’s Catholic Church, ATTN: Mike Logeais, 632 S Broad St., Mankato, MN 56001
Please go to the St. John’s Catholic Church website for a more complete position description: http://www.stjohnscatholicchurch.com/
The individual hired in the position of Administrative Assistant/Communications is directly accountable to the Parish Priest/Pastoral Care Associate. This person manages a variety of general office activities and is considered the primary office contact person for the parishioners of St. John the Baptist church. The individual in this position shall maintain the vision and direction of St. John’s mission statement in all aspects of the role of Administrative & Communications Assistant.
Preferred: Two-year certificate or degree from an accredited college or vocational school in Office Management, Business Technology or an equivalent of education and experience may be substituted. Previous background in computers and office equipment required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft – Word, Xcel, Publisher
- Proficiency in the operation of office equipment;
- Must be attentive to details and accuracy in record-keeping, word processing, data entry and basic math skills;
- Ability to approach people in a manner which creates harmony, promotes cooperation and encourages feelings of acceptance and self-worth;
- Ability to establish and rearrange priorities;
- Demonstrates initiative and self-direction;
- Ability to follow direction.
- Basic understanding of the Catholic Church and its teachings;
- This position is considered a 40 hour per week, full time position with full-time benefit package. All hours worked will be on-site and during regular scheduled office hours, Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 5:00 pm. Changes to the work schedule, if any, must be preapproved.
- In some cases, your work responsibilities may require work hours outside of the office work schedule. Must be pre-approved by your supervisor;
- Position may require some evenings or weekend hours.