Diocese of Winona Employment
Assistant Principal - Full Time 1.0 FTE
Pacelli Catholic School @ Austin, MN posted on Wed, May 15
Apply until: 2019-06-15
Assistant Principal - Full time 1.0 FTE
2019-2020 Pacelli Catholic School, Austin, MN
Pacelli Catholic School is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Principal beginning the 2019-2020 school year.
Pacelli Catholic School is seeking a dynamic, energetic, faith-filled candidate for the position of assistant principal. The position requires a Catholic educator with outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, and a collaborative leadership style.
Assistant Principal serves all students preschool through twelfth grade. Ideal candidate will be a practicing Catholic who is knowledgeable and supportive of the mission and philosophy of Catholic Schools. Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred or obtaining/seeking a MN administrative license. Candidate will have demonstrated success in teaching with the ability to work collegially and interact positively and professionally with students, faculty, parents and the parish communities. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Respectful of confidential situations. Commitment to education of the whole child-mind, body and spirit. Pacelli's compensation package is competitive and includes health and life insurance, a matching pension plan, and is dependent on education and experience.
- Assist the principal in the general administration of the school, and serve as principal when the principal is absent
- Assists in the role of instructional leader to promote student behavior that is supportive, and conducive, to the implementation of the school’s instructional programs and goals.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters
- Works to implement student discipline management that results in positive student behavior. Supports teachers with student behavior management.
- Maintains student management system (RenWeb). Develops student schedules and coordinates PSEO classes with local community college.
- Provides counseling support for behavior, academic, and social needs. Directs students and families to appropriate community service providers as needed.
- Assists principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff
- Employee evaluation
- Support the principal in enacting the school mission
- Coordinate with the principal and teacher leaders to implement meaningful professional development for staff
- Assist in the supervision of extra-curricular activities
- Provide for school safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Minnesota state teaching certification
- Minnesota state administrative certification (candidates that are actively working towards an educational administrative degree/certification will be considered depending upon previous experience.) College degree in education
- Teaching experience
- Experience working with diverse learners
- Practicing Catholic
- College degree or certification in educational leadership
Please email your resume and three reference letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website: www.pacellischools.org