Diocese of Winona Employment
Director of Admissions
Rochester Catholic Schools @ Rochester, MN posted on Wed, Nov 18
Apply until: 2020-12-18
Director of Admissions
Rochester Catholic Schools
Rochester Catholic Schools Description
The Rochester Catholic Schools (RCS) is a unified Catholic school system in Rochester, Minnesota, in the Diocese of Winona-Rochester. The RCS began in 1877 as the Academy of Our Lady of Lourdes. Today, it has grown to include the Nest Early Preschool Academy, Holy Spirit Catholic School, Saint Francis of Assisi School, Saint Pius X School, Co-Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist Middle School, and Lourdes High School. The system enrolls students from preschool through grade 12. RCS focuses on developing whole child excellence and Christ-centered character in a devoted community.
Rochester Catholic Schools (RCS) develops the spiritual, social, emotional and academic growth of young people. RCS partners with parents and the Catholic faith community to nurture the development of a Christ-centered learning environment.
Position of the Director of Admissions
The Director of Admissions coordinates and facilitates all admission inquiries and follows the application of a candidate until the student is accepted and enrolled in the school. In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, he/she oversees the institutional integrity of all publications, related marketing materials, press releases, branding, etc. of the school to prospective families
This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Governance and Operations
The Director of Admissions reports directly to the President. The Director will work closely with shared services including marketing, communications, alumni relations, and business operations. The Director will also be the primary supervisor to the SCRIP specialist.
The Director of Admissions will at minimum be provided a yearly evaluation by the President of the RCS with a report given to the Board by the Board Chairperson. This 360-degree evaluation will be based on the duties and responsibilities listed in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
Specific traits and characteristics
- Serves as the initial contact to the prospective RCS families to provide a positive, personalized experience at each interaction
- Understands the importance of the school search journey for the families and students
- Understands and communicates the school’s mission and philosophy and programs
- Works well with and builds relationships with parents, all faculty, and administrators in school settings
- Possesses very strong organizational skills
- Exhibits superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has strong interpersonal skills, rapport building and personal qualities of integrity and responsibility and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possesses a calm demeanor and the ability to multi-task
- Promotes collaboration; Seeks to be a transformative leader
- BA/BS degree; Marketing and communications background preferred
- Prior experience in enrollment or admissions preferred
- Each school year, provide measurable and achievable annual goals (3-5) and a five-year vision to the President in the areas of admissions
- Plan, select and purchase recruitment, admissions, and enrollment materials
- Evaluate all aspects of the admission program in order to increase enrollment
- Define market segments for recruitment to RCS
- Develop recruiting plans geared toward each of those specific segments
- Implement the plans for each segment
- Analyze and evaluate the success of those targeted plans
- Collaborate with RCS Leadership committees to analyze enrollment data and identify target audiences with the purpose of retaining current families and students
- Understand and communicate the school’s mission and philosophy and programs to interested families
- Provide information about the schools and programs/activities to any/all appropriate individuals and institutions
- Achieve proficiency with enrollment software and maintain an effective database of prospective students
- Maintain orderly records on status of applications, deadlines, follow up schedule, etc.
- Organize student/parent tours
- Coordinate the selection and training of student ambassadors
- Coordinate the selection and training of parent ambassadors
- Facilitate interaction between administrators, teachers, parents, students, and their families
- Develop marketing/recruitment strategies and outreach to the greater community
- Build relationships beyond the school--local parishes, businesses, enrollment personnel from other area schools, public school officials, etc.
- Schedule and organize enrollment activities in collaboration with RCS schools
- Assist in development of communication and marketing tools for a variety of market segments
- Provide families with the necessary information for financial aid and assist them as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Office to counsel and advise parents on every aspect of the admissions process, including application requirements, deadlines, academic programs, activities and financial aid
- Respond to all inquiries (mail, email, phone or in person) from prospective parents and students regarding admission to RCS
- Achieve proficiency in the enrollment software
- Recommend changes in procedures and protocols intended to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Coordinate re-enrollment process for returning families
Supervising / Work Directing
- Manages the Admissions Office by providing work direction and support to team members
- Assist with additional duties as assigned by the President
Email the following items to: Matt Langsdale, Principal Rochester Catholic Schools/Co-Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist Middle School at email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Resume reflecting educational and professional background
- Names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
- Include your last name and “Director of Admissions” in the subject line of your email