Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
Director of Faith Formation
St. Felix and St. Agnes Parishes @ Wabasha, MN posted on Wed, Jun 29
Apply until: 2022-09-29
The Director of Faith Formation will have administrative responsibilities for the faith formation program at Saint Agnes and Saint Felix parishes (grades K-12). This is a full-time salaried position with benefits and involving flexible hours, some weekends, and evenings. The Director of Faith Formation reports directly to the pastor.
- Scope of Responsibilities
- Leads / administrates the Faith Formation programs for all grades, K-12.
- Administers the sacramental programs. Lead, develop, and coordinate the First
Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation Sacraments.
- Facilitates the Baccalaureate Mass and reception.
- Responsible for developing and delivering a comprehensive faith formation program for children and youth (Pre-K – 12).
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with parents of children in Faith Formation Program.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and supports the catechists and other volunteers.
- Explores and develops activities for youth beyond high school
- Manages the Faith Formation office, which will include but not limited to:
- Development and distribution of the program documents to participants, catechists, parents and parishioners, including the development of the Faith Formation Calendar and Registration Forms.
- Maintains required records, including permanent records of programs and participants.
- Maintains safe environment training and background check records for teachers and volunteers
- Provides required documents to the diocese
- The Director under the direction from the pastor will collaborate on programs, evaluation and changes with:
- Parish leaders
- Pastoral Council
- Requirements for the position
- The leader will need to be VIRTUS certified (Diocesan) and become a VIRTUS facilitator for Faith Formation volunteers.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred, or college credits in Youth Ministry, Theology, Pastoral Studies or related fields. Certificate training or experience will be considered.
- Experience in teaching, education or faith formation preferred.
The ideal Director will have knowledge of and ability to convey effectively the official teaching of the Church with a demonstrated fidelity to these teachings. This person needs to possess and demonstrate the following qualities:
- An active and deep faith; participates in the life of the parish
- Good interpersonal skills, establishing an interest in rapport with youth
- Strong communication skills to collaborate and build teams
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Googles Doc, Excel)
St. Felix Parish
Father Glenn Frerichs
117 West Third Street
Wabasha, MN 55981