Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
Refugee Resettlement Case Manager / Interpreter
Catholic Charities of Southern Minnesota @ Rochester, MN posted on Tue, Jul 26
Apply until: 2022-10-26
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you speak Somali, Anuak or Arabic? Catholic Charities of Southern Minnesota seeks a full-time Refugee Resettlement Case Manager/Interpreter in its Rochester, Minnesota office. As a resettlement agency, we seek to address the most fundamental needs of all new refugees such as access to shelter, food, clothing, income, medical care, education, and employment. Your role as a case manager would be pivotal in the lives of newly arriving refugees. Each day would involve something different as you work to help refugee families get connected to their new community.
- Providing hands-on case management with much of the work being conducted at clients’ home or in the community.
- Regular home visits and completion of extensive documentation in the form of case notes and required forms.
- Prepare for the arrival of new refugees by working to secure housing, complete the move-in of required furniture items.
- Be available for the occasional evening refugee arrivals and weekend home visits.
- Welcome new arrivals of cases assigned at the Rochester Airport.
- Make referrals and transport clients to various service providers.
- Interpreting for other Catholic Charities’ case managers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Fluent in Somali, Anuak, or Arabic.
- Competent with computers; familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Previous work experience and interest in refugee resettlement or other direct social services desired.
- Able to lift and/or move more than 20 pounds to accomplish the furnishing of housing.
- Must own automobile, have a valid driver’s license, adequate insurance, and be able to drive in urban and rural areas throughout the twelve months of the year.
- Strong sense of teamwork required. Comfortable working with a multi-cultural team.
- Can work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate maturity, flexibility, creativity, initiative, organizational skills, the ability to work effectively with others, and the ability to think systemically.
Please email resume, cover letter, and list of three work-related references to John Meyers, Refugee Resettlement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to his attention at Catholic Charities, 903 W. Center Street, Suite 220, Rochester MN 55902. Position open until filled.