Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
Head Building Maintenance Manager (with boilers license)
Rochester Catholic Schools @ Rochester MN posted on Wed, Oct 12
Apply until: 2023-01-01
Selection Criteria: Vocational degree or the appropriate apprenticeship and the appropriate class boilers license plus at least five years' relevant experience, two of which should include supervisory responsibility.
Under general supervision of the Principal, the Head Building Maintenance Manager directs and conducts general maintenance and repairs on the building and facilities, performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance on plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, boiler, HVAC systems and related fields for which responsible. The Head Building Maintenance Manager plans, directs, schedules, and supervises assigned maintenance and custodial staff, oversees grounds, facilities and regularly evaluates the site maintenance, safety and security.
The Head Building Maintenance Manager compiles and provides complete, well-documented input to the budgeting process and works within established parameters of approved budgets when purchasing materials.
Key Functions and Essential Accountabilities
- Review and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and schedules covering maintenance, buildings and grounds, custodial and HVAC functions for which responsible
- In collaboration with Assistant Building Maintenance Manager and the Principal establish, communicate and monitor a preventative maintenance program
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks on building equipment and systems
- Repairs and maintains electrical equipment such as lighting, electric motors, motor controllers, transformers, pumps, generator, switch gear, etc.
- Diagnoses problems and replaces defective or faulty parts
- Repairs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning equipment diagnosing problems, selecting appropriate tools and making corrective changes
- Repairs, operates, monitors, and maintains Facilities Management Systems (FMS)
- Repairs and maintains plumbing and plumbing fixtures throughout facilities
- Repairs, maintains, and operates electronic temperature throughout facilities
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks related to buildings functions and structures
- Oversee, run and inspection of emergency equipment, generators when scheduled
- Performs, diagnose problems on cameras, intercoms and repairs, maintain door locking mechanisms on secured areas
- Performs weekend, emergency call backs and checks of buildings and equipment when required
- Perform and/or oversee buildings and grounds, HVAC and custodial maintenance as assigned
- Collaborate with the Principal to best use budgeted resources and provide input during the process of soliciting bids from outside vendors
- Maintain life safety code records on activities and actions taken related to fire alarms, fire extinguishers, security lighting, sprinklers, asbestos abatement, etc.
- Create and forward a job check list to the Principal regularly and log activities and actions taken to complete the check list so that a timely and complete record is maintained for current and future reference
- Complete all get-ready details for the opening and closing of the assigned site building(s)
- Collaborate with the Principal in planning and performing the summer maintenance schedule as presented and approved
- Ensure that site plans and schematics are current and secured for reference as required
- Attend and participate in RCS Facilities Committee meetings as scheduled or requested
- Evaluate regularly results being achieved as the basis for immediate corrective actions as well as future planning.
- Evaluate site needs as the basis of recommendations for immediate actions as well as future planning, including resource costs whenever possible.
- Performs yearly employee evaluation
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in the operation of buildings
- Review and ensure compliance with policies, State of Minnesota and local health inspections, building codes, and other safety compliances
- Computer knowledge and ability to operate building operation systems, direct digital control systems (DDC)
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in operation of fire protection systems
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in operation of emergency generator
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in performing repairs and maintenance on electrical equipment
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in performing a variety of plumbing repairs and maintenance
- Knowledge and skills involved in the use of tools, electronic meters, and materials commonly used in building, maintenance and repairs on miscellaneous related projects
- Knowledge of safety procedures associated with maintenance operations, tasks and repairs.
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in operation of electric and hydraulic elevators
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written assignments
- Ability to plan, layout, and work from diagrams, sketches, and blueprints
- Must be able to understand and complete related safety courses and other related training
pertaining to job
Minimum Qualifications of Skills and Education Required:
- High school graduation or equivalent and post-secondary training in building systems or related field and three years of experience
- OR -
- Graduation from an accredited college with an Associate’s Degree in Building Systems or related field and two years of experience
- Must have a low pressure boiler license
- Good communication skills required. Proficiency in the English language is required
- Individuals required to use RCS vehicles and equipment must have a valid Minnesota driver's license and be free of any major traffic violations for the last three years
- Develop cooperative and productive work relationships with assigned staff, other site personnel, parish staff (if applicable), site committees, vendors and the Principal
Supervising / Work Directing:
- Supervise Assistant Building Maintenance Manager and assigned custodial staff
Competencies and / or Values Common to All Positions:
- A clear and demonstrated commitment to the vision, mission and values of Rochester Catholic Schools.
- Compliance with all established RCS policies, protocols and procedures.
- Careful and secure treatment of all information and data, with particular emphasis on that information and data designated confidential.
- Interest and willingness to seek opportunities for continuing education and development appropriate to one's position in the organization.
Typical Working Environment:
Work is typically performed in a variety of inside and outside environments, including seasonal weather and temperature variations.
Typical Physical Requirements for This Position:
This position typically involves climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing / pulling, walking, hearing, seeing, and light to heavy lifting from <20 lbs. up to 100 lbs. (Weights over 50 lbs. require a mechanical assist or the assistance of another individual capable of providing that assistance)
This description is intended to describe the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Click the link below to apply