Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
St. John the Baptist Church @ Mankato, MN posted on Thu, May 25
Apply until: 2023-06-24
St. John the Baptist Church in Mankato, MN is seeking to fill an
Administrative Assistant/Communications Position
Reports to: Pastor Priest/Pastoral Care Associate- Parish Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/hourly 40 hours/week Full Time
Approved By: Fr. John Kunz
Date: MAY 2023
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Mike Logeais/Parish Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
[THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY A SUMMARY OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION. PLEASE CONTACT MIKE FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR MORE DETAILS]
The individual hired in the position of Administrative Assistant/Communications is directly accountable to the Parish Priest/Pastoral Care Associate- Parish Administrator. This person manages a variety of general office activities and is considered the primary office contact person for the parishioners of St. John the Baptist church. The individual in this position shall maintain the vision and direction of St. John’s mission statement in all aspects of the role of Administrative & Communications Assistant.
The following is a summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the operations of the front office window during office hours— including phones, greeting visitors, setting up mass intentions, handling money.
Maintains & monitors equipment supplies. Orders necessary supplies for office use. Does computer work station support for staff as needed. Maintains conference rooms and meeting areas with necessary supplies; maintain elevator entrance, garden table, etc.
Coordinate the yearly Ministry Contracts with all St. John’s Ministries;
Update all items pertaining to parish census, i.e. address changes, change in membership, ministry volunteers, diocesan Courier & labels for large mailings
Thorough knowledge of ConnectNow/ParishSoft; extensive training required after start date.
Responsible for parish communications, including but not limited to; maintaining the website & social media platforms, and parish-wide emails for funeral notices, etc.
Design, edit and coordinate parish weekly bulletin and distribution in the church & putting it on the website. Maintain parish bulletin boards and pamphlet racks.
All aspects of recruiting and managing volunteers
Functions as the backup person for the Administrative Assistant/Data person.
Attends weekly staff meetings;
Contribute to maintaining the utmost level of confidentiality and integrity in any and all matters pertaining to St. John the Baptist Church, its parishioners, employees and Pastor;
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to the position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Preferred: Two-year certificate or degree from an accredited college or vocational school in Office Management, Business Technology or an equivalent of education and experience may be substituted. Previous background in computers and office equipment required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft – Word, Xcel, Publisher as well as learn ParishSoft
- Proficiency in the operation of office equipment;
- Must be attentive to details and accuracy in record-keeping, word processing, data entry and basic math skills;
- Ability to approach people in a manner which creates harmony, promotes cooperation and encourages feelings of acceptance and self-worth;
- Ability to establish and rearrange priorities;
- Demonstrates initiative and self-direction;
- Ability to follow direction.
- Basic understanding of the Catholic Church and its teachings;
- This position is considered a 40 hour per week, full time position. All hours worked will be on-site and during regular scheduled office hours, Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 5:00 pm. Changes to the work schedule, if any, must be preapproved.
- Position may require some evenings or weekend hours;
- The offer of this position does not create a contract, express or implied. It does not guarantee employment for any definite period of time.
- Successful candidates will need to submit to a background check, complete VIRTUS (Safe Environment) training and keep up to date on training topics.