Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe @ La Crosse, WI posted on Tue, Jun 27
Apply until: 2023-09-27
BASIC FUNCTION: The Staff Accountant is a member of the Shrine’s Finance Department who reports to the Controller and who is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the Shrine’s financial reporting. This is a full-time on-site position.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES include but are not limited to:
1. Records general journal entries in accordance with GAAP as they relate to contribution revenue, sales revenue, payroll, investment activities, etc.
2. Maintains supporting documents for general journal entries
3. Prepares and maintains account reconciliations
4. Reviews accounts payable for supporting documents, department approval, and correct general ledger coding
5. Processes biweekly payroll
6. Prepares bank deposits and remote capture deposits
7. Prepares sales tax returns for Controller review
8. Assists Controller in external audit as needed
9. Assists Controller in budget process as needed
10. Participates in promoting the mission of the Shrine; including serving in the MOD rotation
• Bachelor’s degree (accounting or finance preferred)
• Sound knowledge of the Catholic Faith and commitment to the sacramental life
• Total of at least 2 years of related professional experience
• Previous work with both for-profit and non-profit entities is preferred
• Strong oral and written skills and capacity for public speaking to promote the Shrine’s mission
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• General office environment
• Must be able to drive to various locations as required
• Must be able to use standard office equipment such as computer, telephone, fax machine etc. in conjunction with office related duties.