Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
Major Gifts Officer
Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe @ La Crosse, WI posted on Thu, Jul 06
Apply until: 2023-10-06
BASIC FUNCTION: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer develops relationships with potential donors interested in supporting the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, Wisconsin. This position will require substantial travel, a high degree of initiative, excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work strategically.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES include but are not limited to:
1. Represent the Shrine's mission to donors and key stakeholders.
2. Identify, research, cultivate and solicit prospective donors.
3. Develop and maintain donor files.
4. Utilize wealth-screening information and other research tools to create individual cultivation and solicitation plans, with assistance from fundraising consultants, for all active and prospective donors.
5. Employ appropriate research resources that identify major gift and planned gift prospects, their financial capabilities, special interests, and past charitable interests, including annuities, charitable trusts, and bequests.
6. Meet with donors in person and attend national events.
7. Maintain donor database system.
8. Review fundraising key performance indicators and revenue goals quarterly. Assist in the planning, coordinating and implementation of donor events and outreach.
The Shrine is seeking a devout Catholic with a sound knowledge of the Catholic faith and its practices, with a mature spiritual life, especially the life of the Sacraments, knowledge of the apparitions of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and of the history and activities of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse.
The Major Gifts Officer has a bachelor's degree in business or related field with five to eight years of experience in practical development work for non-profits; a background in marketing, customer relations or sales; and a knowledge of federal and state tax planning techniques that favor charitable giving.
The Major Gifts Officer must possess comprehensive oral and written communication skills, and the ability to develop a rapport with people of all ages, economic backgrounds and cultures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Willingness to live in La Crosse or nearby and to travel periodically.
• Must be able to drive and fly to various locations as required;
• Must be able to use standard office equipment;
• Must possess a valid driver's license.