Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
Catholic Health Association of Minnesota @ St. Paul, MN posted on Wed, Nov 08
Apply until: 2024-02-08
CATHOLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF MINNESOTA POSITION LISTING
Position: Executive Director
Type: Contracted; Part-time
Responsible to: Board of Directors
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Executive Director (ED) is an advocate at the State Capitol and in the public square for Catholic healthcare provider institutions in Minnesota so that they can continue to deliver healthcare services consistent with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services promulgated by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. The ED provides resources to Catholic Health Association of Minnesota (CHA-MN) member institutions and their leaders to assist them in their responsibilities, and also serves as a liaison between members and the Catholic bishops of Minnesota. The ED works at the direction of the CHA-MN board to implement its strategic initiatives in the core business areas of advocacy, member support, and Church relations.
• College and law school graduate holding current license to practice law.
• Knowledge of or experience with Health Care issues including acute care, long term care, and health care insurance coverages.
• 5 years’ experience in association management and/or legislative, legal and government relations activities. Catholic in good standing.
• Skilled oral and written communications.
• Experience with the Legislature, government relations, and political processes.
• Understanding of group dynamics and working with a diverse board of directions.
• Ability to foster interpersonal relationships with legislators, members, and other stakeholders.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work on concurrent projects.
• Able to function independently or as a team member.
• Supervisory/management skills.
• Ability to travel throughout Minnesota.
• Develop, manage and coordinate the Advocacy of the Association, which includes public relations, administrative and legislative affairs, and grass roots activity in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
• Manage the implementation of 5-year plan, as well as annual legislative agenda developed in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
• Develop appropriate Association publications which relate to advocacy programs.
• Implement assigned workplan initiatives identified in the Associations strategic plan.
• Supervise media relations for public affairs issues.
• Act as staff liaison to agencies, organizations, and associations.
• Maintain federal contacts with Catholic Health Association USA and federal congressional representatives.
• Make public and Association presentations in areas of expertise.
• Provide assistance and information to members on matters of regulatory and legislative compliance.
• Manage Association Contracted services.
• Represent Association to Board of Minnesota Catholic Conference.
• Provide Educational programming for Association Members.
• Provide Member support in relationships with Catholic Educational Institutions.
• Represent CHA Minnesota interests on various partner Boards.
Questions regarding the position, contact Toby Pearson at email@example.com.
TO APPLY Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, three references and a short writing sample, preferably on a topic relevant to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application reviews and invitations for interviews will be made by the Board of Directors. Complete applications will only be considered. Interviews will begin in mid-November on a rolling basis.