Diocese of Winona-Rochester Employment
Partnership for Youth @ Rochester, MN posted on Wed, Jan 17
Apply until: 2024-04-17
Job Title: Rochester Event Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Contracted position / Part-time
Salary Range: (compensation commensurate with qualifications)
Location: Rochester, MN
The Event Coordinator is a vital role responsible for organizing and coordinating Steubenville Rochester. The coordinator will ensure that all aspects of the event, including organizing, planning, hospitality, logistics, marketing, and volunteer support are executed with excellence. This position requires a strategic thinker with excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to collaborate effectively with an amazing team. The Event Coordinator will also assist with other PFY events as needed, reporting to the Executive Director.
MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
• Plan and execute all aspects of Steubenville Rochester, including hospitality, logistics, planning, marketing, and other support systems.
• Recruit and train Core Team and volunteers.
• Facilitate Core Team meetings.
• Ensure adherence to safe environment policies.
• Respond to general inquiries.
• Oversee budgetary aspects of the event, ensuring financial goals are met and resources are utilized efficiently.
• Attend weekly/monthly staff meetings.
• Secure needed space, transportation, and other needs for Francian LEAD.
• Collaborate with ED to select venue, hotels, and caterers.
• Coordinate with Franciscan University, Christian Outreach Office regarding conference details.
• Complete clergy clearing with the Diocese of Winona-Rochester.
• Research, select and promote Share the Glory organization and program.
• Address any issues or challenges that may arise during the event and implement solutions promptly.
• Conduct post-event evaluations to assess the success of the event and identify areas for improvement.
MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Collaborate on the development and implementation of marketing strategies to promote Steubenville Rochester and increase attendance.
• Contact local businesses for advertising and donations.
• Seek marketing/networking opportunities.
• Build local vendor relations.
This is not an all-inclusive list; additional duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as directed by the Executive Director.
TRAVEL: The Event Coordinator will have limited travel requirements if you live in the Rochester area.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (desired, but not required)
• 3+ years experience in event planning and execution of special events (required)
Spiritual Gifts & Skill Set
• Must have a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Possession of spiritual gifts in administration, hospitality, and service
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures while exercising discretion in non-routine situations.
• Must be able to handle conflict in a Christian manner.
• Excellent problem solver and an intuitive thinker.
• Confidence in giving direction.
• Ability to initiate, plan and manage projects and meetings.
• Appropriate handling of sensitive and confidential information and situations.
• Ability to focus on details, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Zoom, and other computer based technologies
• Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds
Partnership for Youth is a non-profit organization dedicated to the coordination and delivery of programs and events for Catholic Youth. We specialize in large dynamic youth events, bringing together teens from ten states and Canada. Our Mission is: “To Provide Transformational Catholic Events for Young People.” Our office is located in Bloomington, Minnesota. We offer a collaborative and engaged work environment, where you become part of the large Partnership for Youth family.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, to Amy Cummings, Executive Director, via e-mail. Please address to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Event Coordinator in the subject line.