Books for Individual or Parish Study
From Christendom to Apostolic Mission. This small book explores with clarity how Catholicism in the USA has moved from a prevailing Christian imaginative vision (what Msgr. James Shea calls Christendom) to a prevailing non-Christian imaginative vision (which demands apostolic mission). The Diocese of Sioux Falls, SD has created a set of discussion questions for each chapter for personal, parish, or small group use. With gratitude, we link to those questions for your use here.
The book may be found here, both in English and Spanish.
Study guide for sale here.
The Office has multiple copies available at a deep discount; contact Susan Windley-Daoust. Or order here.
101 Ways to Evangelize. If you or your parish are looking for an idea book on how Catholics evangelize (and why), this PDF of the small book 101 Ways to Evangelize: Ideas for Helping Fearless, Fearful, and Flummoxed Catholics Share the Good News of Jesus Christ is available to people living within the Diocese of Winona-Rochester for free printing and personal use. Click through for more information here.
Alpha trainings online: Alpha is a process focused on inviting people who have been long away--or have never been--practicing Christian faith. It offers deep hospitality with presentation on basic life questions, gospel responses, conversation, and prayer. There are many ways to learn how to run Alpha in your parish or town.
If you are interested in receiving training, click here to see online and in person options, or contact Susan Windley-Daoust at firstname.lastname@example.org .
ChristLife Training materials:
- The diocese just invested in purchasing the booklet and DVD set for training a parish team in offering "Discovering Christ," the first course in ChristLife, a Catholic adaptation of Alpha that comes from the Archdiocese of Baltimore. It will be in our media center early next week. If you are interested in checking it out, please contact Camille Withrow at email@example.com . You can learn more about ChristLife here, and preview some of their materials. Susan Windley-Daoust (firstname.lastname@example.org) would also be happy to talk to you about how it is used and pros and cons.
If you are interested in piloting a faith sharing small group that focuses on deepening discipleship and sharing the gospel with others through spiritual multiplication, you should look at Discipleship Quads. Check their website with all the materials.
If you would like to view a recording on a recent online meeting on how and why to start a discipleship quad (20 minutes presentation, 20 minutes Q and A), click here.
Catholic in Recovery:
- We are looking to open more Catholic in Recovery (CiR) groups across the diocese! If you are in 12-step recovery (from any addiction) and interested in offering CiR in your town or parish, please contact me for information. There is also a need for creating Family and Friends support groups (think Al-Anon for Catholics). You can learn more about this movement, which is meant to work in tandem with a variety of 12 step groups, here.
Life in the Spirit Seminar:
- Interested in running a Life in the Spirit seminar? Contact our Moderator for Catholic Charismatic Renewal, Deacon John Hust, at email@example.com .
Saint Paul Street Evangelization:
- Interested in learning more about starting a chapter of this non-confrontational, peaceful willingness to share that God is good? The training alone prepares you for conversations with friends, family, co-workers...and the outings don't have to be on a street! Think farmer's markets, big box store parking lots, football games, etc. You can request more information from our regional missionary, Deb McManimon, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Catholic Evangelization Outreach:
- Interested in teaching people how to offer witness to God's presence in their lives? and give them a platform to share with many? Catholic Evangelization Outreach is doing just that, and we've benefited from a chapter at Church of the Resurrection before the pandemic. Learn more about starting your own chapter here.
Recommended Parish Structural Renewal Organizations:
- The Amazing Parish
- Acts XXIX
- Divine Renovation Ministries
Susan Windley-Daoust will also work with parishes on visioning and implementing mission upon request.