Eucharistic Formation for Missionary Discipleship
The “National Eucharistic Revival,” initiated by our U.S. Catholic Bishops, seeks “to renew the Church by enkindling a living relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.”
In support of the Revival… During the 2023-2024 academic year, the diocesan Institute of Lay Formation will provide a one-year formation process of intensive study of, and reflection on, the Church’s teaching on the Eucharist. The aim of this year is to form lay leaders as missionary disciples “who are healed, converted, formed, and unified by an encounter with Jesus in the Eucharist – and who are then sent out on mission ‘for the life of the world’.” [www.eucharisticrevival.org/]
Online Information Sessions (via Zoom) were held on…
- Tuesday, June 20th, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Thursday, June 22nd, 7:00-8:00 pm
View a recording of the June 22, 2023, Zoom Session here.
There will be three components of the year’s formation process:
- Eucharistic Catechesis: Deeper knowledge of Church teaching on the Eucharist.
- Discipleship Formation: Deeper devotion to the Eucharist and to living out a Eucharistic spirituality of service.
- Pastoral Action: Deeper commitment to supporting Eucharistic devotion and spirituality in parish life.
“I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”
Participants will meet for nine Saturday sessions (from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm) held from September through April, and a weekend retreat at the conclusion of the year. (Most Saturday sessions will be offered at both a western and eastern site in the diocese.)
[A complete listing of the dates and sites is provided in the "Program Overview" attachment below.]
Participants in the Institute of Lay Formation:
- are able to commit to the time required for active participation.
- have a desire for renewal and growth in their faith lives.
- have the support of their pastor.
- have the support of their spouse, if married, and family.
- are active participants in the sacramental life of the Church.
- have the desire and capacity for serving as lay leaders.
- are open to people of diverse backgrounds and faith experiences.
Fee and Registration
The fee for participation is $325.00. [Parish Eucharistic Revival “Galvanizers” receive a special discounted rate of $250.00.]This fee covers all program-related expenses – i.e., instructional expenses (e.g., books and course materials), food, etc. The fee can be paid for in multiple payments over the course of the year, if desired.
Parishes are encouraged to assist their participants in covering the fee, if this is possible. Scholarship assistance is also available from the diocese, and may be requested at the beginning of the formation year.
A registration form (in "pdf" and Word "fillable" format is provided below.
For More Information...
Contact Todd Graff (Director) or Stacey Glithero (Administrative Assistant) in the diocesan Office of Lay Formation and RCIA: